Thursday, December 14, 2006

Thursday Thoughts #2



My thoughts today are centered around people that form cliques and invite others to join but then they have a tendency to make new members feel like they are not worthy or good enough to be a part of their group but choose to ignore them altogether. I am sure not all groups are like this...in fact, I am a member of a group that is very friendly & fun to be with.

I do understand friendship and, if given half the chance, I can be a friend to almost anyone so it really irks me very much to come across people that make others feel so unimportant. I think everyone should be treated fairly & with respect...I even respect the right of people to form cliques but if you cannot find it in your heart to accept everyone that joins or wants to join, please don't expect me to be a part of your group. It would just be too uncomfortable a situation for me.

If you would like to join Thursday Thoughts, you will find the link listed in my sidebar.

6 Comments:

At 6:23 AM, Blogger Carmen said...

i have a clique of one, and you're welcome to join. :)

 
At 10:27 AM, Anonymous Mrs Lifecruiser said...

Ah, wise words Chi. It's strong of you to come to that insight and to stand aside rom that kind of behaviour.

I do too, have always done. I've never understood that kind of behaviour. I'm more for having a nice time with everybody, but I cut them off if they act like that.

I won't spend my precious lifetime on such negative things :-)

Oh, and I so look forward to see you dressed up for party tomorrow!

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger Lazy Daisy said...

Hi Chi....I've been the new kid too many times to be cliquish. Good thoughts.

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger Melli said...

Yessssssss... well said! A lot of "on-line" groups just go around inviting EVERYONE just to get members... but they don't really WANT "you" ... they just want members! I stay away from that sort of stuff too!

Good "thinkin" Chi!

 
At 8:32 PM, Anonymous local girl said...

I totally understand where you're coming from. I don't like feeling like the outsider so I make sure I don't make others feel that way, too.

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger Wystful1 said...

Here Here!! Very well said Chi! I totally agree with you on this.....I've been burned too many times with online groups and memberships that AREN'T online, and if you're not with the in-crowd ---then la di da. I detest such thoughtlessness.

(By the way, I'm feeling a bit better this afternoon...I finally got up and ate a bit, and so far it's sticking with me!! Hopefully the worst is gone. Thanks for your kind thoughts my friend!! And for the invite to read your thoughts. I had one in the works for Thursday, but just didn't get to it...maybe I'll finish it for next week!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home