Monday, November 06, 2006

Self Laughter

Not long ago, I became acquainted with arthritis...knots appeared on the fingers on my right hand which are sometimes painful (my thumb is exempt). The infamous Mr. K told me that he sure hoped it wasn't the crippling kind. I know that was sweet of him to say but it was really hard for me not to laugh out loud when he said that. You may be asking why did I laugh so please read on...

You see, I was born with a birth defect that affected my right side so I have been "crippled" all my life so even if it is the crippling kind, it isn't going to be that much different for me. That is why I found his statement so funny!   LOL

Plus, I think being able to laugh at one's self is a good thing. *s*

5 Comments:

At 1:18 PM, Blogger Melli said...

I didn't know that Chi! What kind of birth defect? (have you ever mentioned this before?) DID I MISS SOMETHING???? (now that would be something new, huh?)

 
At 3:45 PM, Anonymous Mrs Lifecruiser said...

Sorry to hear about that...

Well, I've become crippled in my head the last couple of years, not to mention by my back, so I sure know how that is... *lol*

I think you're even more wonderful than usual when you wrote this about self laughter.

You've nailed it perfectly! It's so important to be able to do that!

In fact; I do think that people that not are able to do that are the ones that are really crippled...

Take care of that bumps ;-)

 
At 6:24 PM, Anonymous kailani said...

I agree that laughter can get you through almost anything. You have a lot of strength and courage!

 
At 5:49 AM, Blogger Carmen said...

if you can't laugh at yourself, it'll be a long ride. :)

 
At 6:32 AM, Blogger Lazy Daisy said...

I love your attitude and yes I can see the irony in Mr.K's remark. How wonderful that you made it something positive. Thanks for some prespective on life....life is what you make it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home