Saturday, October 28, 2006

Hurray For Water!

Here on my mountain, the water is pumped from a well into the house & it has lots of minerals in it...so I have to buy bottled water to use for my coffee and "cooking". For years, the residents have been trying to get city water piped up to the mountain without success until now. *s*

They are going to start laying the pipes in December and I am so pleased! I will soon be able to start doing laundry at home, stop buying bottled water, & I will also be able to take a nice luxurious bubble bath (as needed) without losing all the suds after a few minutes in mineral water.

Don't ask me why they decided that winter would be the best time to start though...I have no clue. Hush, Chi...you shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth! lol

5 Comments:

At 5:59 AM, Blogger Wystful1 said...

That's great!! Funny you mentioned that you buy bottled water. I have for decades. After leaving Colorado --where the water was filtered by a water treatment plant...moving to AZ the water WAS of course piped into homes...but I wouldn't TOUCH it to save my soul!!! Coming from the tap it smell of sewer!! That's no joke!! The city did NOT treat the water to purify it. For decades prior to our move there, people actually DIED from it. Terrible it was. Here, the water is treated and safe to drink...but after Tucson, I still buy my drinking water thank you very much. roflmao.

And a bubble bath without minerals.......sounds heavenly.

I kinda got carried away with my Saturday Photo this weekend, sorry to have blurted a bit of political stance on the country's "SAFE"! LOL

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger Melli said...

LOL! That is GREAT news Chi! We don't have city water -- we have well water - and while we do drink it and cook with it and bathe in it and do laundry in it... it tears up our clothes, dulls our hair, leaves our skin dry, I've actually quit drinking it and do buy bottled water for that purpose -- hubby thinks I'm nuts, but I just can't imagine what it's doing to my insides if it does all that horrible stuff to everything else! I am very VERY happy for you!!!

 
At 7:43 AM, Anonymous Mrs Lifecruiser said...

Wow! GREAT news! That must have been real tough for you, the way you've had it. I'm so happy for you. I hope they start in time and get it ready as they should.

Bubble bath...? OH, heavenly!

 
At 5:57 PM, Blogger Pink Chihuahua Princess said...

Man, think of all the money you are going to save!

 
At 1:54 AM, Blogger moonraker said...

Yep, it's always the winter time when they decide to do anything.

Same here in UK - at the moment construction and demolition

 

Post a Comment

<< Home