Friday, August 18, 2006

My Thoughts & A Joke

Regarding my post below about the JonBenet Ramsey case, I would like to add that I am not absolutely convinced that Karr is guilty...and I do believe in presumed innocence. I just hope that justice prevails & if he is innocent, he will be released.

Now, a joke:

What Do Retired People Do All Day?


Working people frequently ask retired people what they do to make
their days interesting. Well, for example, the other day the Bubba & Babette went into town and went into a shop. They were only in there for about 5 minutes & when they came out, there was a cop writing out a parking ticket.

They walked up to him and Bubba said, "Come on man, how about giving a senior citizen a break?" He ignored Bubba and continued writing the ticket so Bubba called him a jerk. The cop glared at him and started writing another ticket for having worn tires.

So Babette called him a Georgia redneck. He finished the second ticket and put it on the windshield with the first. Then he started writing a third ticket. This went on for about 20 minutes. The more they verbally abused him, the more tickets he wrote.

Bubba & Babette didn't care. They came into town by bus but try to have a little fun each day now since retirement.

6 Comments:

At 10:28 AM, Blogger mar said...

I was watching this case on cnn...
loved your joke! happy friday!

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger Buttercup said...

Hi! I'm visiting from the "party" going on at Fefyfomanna's. As this is my first time attending a blog party, I've got no idea what to do, but I think I'm supposed to introduce myself to you. Nice to meet 'cha.

Your story made me smile.

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger Wystful1 said...

Hi Chi! Thanks for the wonderful compliments in the email-----AND in my comment section where I posted the two pictures of my cross bookmark project!!

Just got home from a luncheon meeting on the island and it wasn't impressive at all, so we didn't stick around. hehehehe

The JonBenet case, I too am leary of his guilt. I'm just wondering at how quickly this all came about. I read a Perfect Town A Perfect Crime and so many things in that book (I think that was the title...it's been so long ago, I can't recall for sure), and we lived just miles from the Ramsey's area in Colorado. I am apt to feel that this is a 'set up'...I just don't know. I'm confused on this, very much so. And like you, EVERYone is still innocent in my book. Unlike so many others around the world that it's reversed....Guilty unless proven innocent.

Time will tell. All I can feel right now is that Patsy and JonBenet are rejoicing in heaven.

Happy Friday (sorry 'bout the 'novel' here)

 
At 6:33 AM, Blogger Melli said...

Cute joke, Chi!

Did I MISS something on the JonBenet case? Last I heard he had not only confessed, but had also provided them with information that he could NOT know had he NOT been the killer...
Did I miss something that's making people skeptical?

 
At 7:18 AM, Blogger Tigersan said...

LOL!

 
At 11:08 PM, Anonymous eph2810 said...

Oh my - how funny (the joke I mean). Can you imagine the eyes of the person who was the car-owner *grin*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home