Saturday, July 08, 2006

Mountain News

My peaceful mountain isn't always peaceful. Yesterday, in broad daylight, someone broke into my sister-in-law's home while she was at work! They cut her phone lines & ripped the box out before entering the house. Yet, of all the things of value that she has, the only thing they took was her safe & it only held her treasured family photos so we find that very strange indeed! We don't know who did it but we do know the type of car they were driving but it will be hard to find without the tag number. I sure am hoping that they catch the criminals but am just so glad that no one was hurt!

7 Comments:

At 10:48 AM, Anonymous eph2810 said...

Chi - that really stink. Why would someone take the family pictures. That sure is mean. I too hope that they will find the intruder.
Glad that you SIL was at work...

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger PJ said...

That's awful, thank goodness no one was at home though.

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger Reverberate58 said...

Oh Chi this is so scary! Those around you are not having a very good week are they! To steal only her safe it had to be someone that knew she had one! I too am thankful no one was home. I hope they get caught!

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger Wystful1 said...

It just goes to show you that no one is 'immune' to this kinda tresspasses!!! It makes me sick to think it happened to your family!!!

 
At 7:49 AM, Blogger Connie and Rob said...

That is just so scary. I am so glad she wasn't home. Still the family photos are very important and I am sure she is upset. Hope they are able to catch the people that did it.

Take care,
Connie

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger Melli said...

Ohhhhh NO! Ugh... that is awful! I'm sO sorry! Well, I'm sure when they took the safe they THOUGHT they would be getting MUCH more than a bunch of old photos! That probably ticked 'em off! I am glad your SIL was at work though -- if they thought to cut the phone lines, they probably had intent on harming anyone they found inside. I hope they catch them too...

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger Pink Chihuahua Princess said...

This is very scary! I'm so glad that everybody is okay, but I know that she is heartsick with her pics being taken.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home