Wednesday, July 05, 2006

I'm Back

It is good to be back...I really missed blogging! I hope everyone had a nice holiday. Wanna hear about my exciting 4th?

While the infamous Mr K was grilling hamburgers & hot dogs, a thunderstorm popped up but he did manage to get the meat cooked. Then, as he was eating lunch & watching tv, the electricity blinked off. When it came back on, the tv was fried. I am positive that I will have a new one today. *s*

The storm finally passed so I was able to get in the pool with the grandkids & that was enjoyable. Then I sat outside awhile with my daughter & son-in-law watching the children play until another storm popped up.

By this time, everyone was anxious for our annual grand finale & hoping that the weather would cooperate and it did. *s* As it started to get dark, friends & family started arriving...I think there were at least 50 here!

The fireworks display was absolutely spectacular! I think that each year though...I love watching fireworks. Plus, I really enjoy the time spent with family and friends and the laughter. For me, it was a perfect ending to an imperfect day!

16 Comments:

At 2:40 AM, Blogger mar said...

Glad you had a memorable 4th with your loved ones, despite the storms! glad you are back blogging too :)

 
At 3:01 AM, Blogger Wystful1 said...

Sounds like a piece of heaven to me! Especially is the heaven-like beauty of your Cloudland!!!

Missed you.
I'm here from the Wordless Wednesday blogroll. I'll be back to check later.

Glad you had a great holiday Chi!

 
At 3:04 AM, Blogger Reverberate58 said...

Hi Chi! It sounds like you had a wonderful weekend off with family! We had hubby's sister and 2 kids for the weekend and it was nice visiting with them. We hope to see them on our vacation to NY in a few weeks.

Our 4th was very quiet. We did not do much! Hubby did drive around with me so I could get photos for Saturdays photo hunt and we had fun doing that.

Our rain did not hit until about 10:30 last night!
I hope you have a wonderful Wednesday!

 
At 3:17 AM, Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

That sounds like fun. Boy! 50 guests. That's great. I'm sure it was fun.
Thanks for dropping by.

 
At 4:08 AM, Anonymous Marti said...

Sounds like a very nice holiday - thanks for sharing!

My WW is up.

 
At 6:20 AM, Blogger Viamarie said...

Happy to know you had a good celebration even if there was a storm.

Welcome back!

 
At 6:22 AM, Anonymous eph2810 said...

It sounds to me you guys had a great 4th of July holiday. Thank you for sharing :)
Have a great day.

 
At 6:22 AM, Blogger PJ said...

Sounds wonderful Chi.
Rain did not us stop from cooking out eithor.

 
At 7:46 AM, Blogger Mary said...

Sounds like you had a great time despite the weather. That's awesome! Glad you're back from you're break!

 
At 7:47 AM, Blogger Connie and Rob said...

Well you were missed!

So glad you got to have your fireworks display. Barbeque and family makes for a lovely holiday regardless of the weather.

Oh my poor tv.

Take care,
Connie

 
At 7:49 AM, Blogger Just Expressing Myself said...

Sorry about the TV - but glad you had fun with the family.
I had a nice 4th too, even though I worked.
My WW is up.
Take care,
Frances

 
At 8:24 AM, Blogger Pink Chihuahua Princess said...

We had off and on rain here too, and believe it or not...our electricity blinked too. But, we were lucky to not have any electical things fried.

I love watching fireworks too, and the laughing of family and friends is always fun!

I'm glad you had a great time and are back in the blogosphere.

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger Jean-Luc Picard said...

You had a really fun time!

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger Pink Chihuahua Princess said...

Its funny that you ask what kind of music, because I don't know. My husband keeps asking me if I liked it, and I keep reminding him how oblivious I was to their sounds because of how much pain I was in.

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger Melli said...

Sounds like you guys had a GREAT day to me! Chi, were your fireworks ones you put off in your yard? Or are these ones that you can VIEW from the top of your mountain? We put off some in our yard this time! But in our county we can't put off any rockets -- only fountains.

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger Barbara said...

Welcome back! I'm glad you had a good time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home