Sunday, June 11, 2006

My Inheritance

I inherited my love of living on a mountain from my dad.
Momma gave me her love of music but not her singing talent.
The infamous Mr K says I have inherited my dad's temperament & momma's stubborness.
The need for alone, quiet times came from dad.
Momma gave me her love of beautiful flowers but not her green thumb.
My wacky sense of humor is a combined gift from both parents.
They also both gave me a love of reading...but I haven't used this gift in quite some time. I think it is time to start reading again. *s*

Does anyone have any suggestions for good books to read? I really like all kinds of material as long as it holds my interest but mysteries are probably my favorite.

3 Comments:

At 8:54 AM, Blogger Wystful1 said...

If you haven't read "The Client" by John Grisham, Chi, I think you'd love it.

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger Chi said...

Thank you, Wystful...I will start a list...yours is first & hopefully more will post later. *s*

 
At 9:48 PM, Blogger Melli said...

I wonder what attributes you have that are strictly YOU - that came from neither parent. Chi, I can send you a LIST of good mysteries! That is mostly all I read -- though I will say AS turned me on to those Mitford books and I just absolutely LOVED them too! But I've read them all now -- and I sure do MISS the town of Mitford! LOL!
I'll get together my list and email you tomorrow!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home