Sunday, June 25, 2006

Food For Thought

It is a good thing to be rich, it is a good thing to be strong, but it is a better thing to be beloved of many friends.
- Euripedes

**********************************************

To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

**********************************************

Gentlemen, why don't you laugh? With the fearful strain that is upon me night and day, if I did not laugh, I should die.
- Abraham Lincoln

**********************************************

The road to happiness lies in two simple principles: find what it is that interests you and that you can do well, and when you find it, put your whole soul into it -- every bit of energy and ambition and natural ability you have.
- John D. Rockefeller III

10 Comments:

At 6:21 AM, Blogger Reverberate58 said...

Love the one by Rockefeller. I have always believed that we should not have to live our lives by the mighty dollar but by doing what we love to earn that dollar. Makes the day and life more exciting, fun and a bit easier to live in! Now if I could just figure out how to make a living doing crafts I would have it made!

 
At 6:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beatuiful quotations....as you know, I love these.

And from my point of view, richness is NOT monetary at all -- it IS family and those friends that surround you. Those who care, they're the richness in life.

 
At 6:22 AM, Blogger Wystful1 said...

duh!! That's me above, being blond again.

 
At 8:19 AM, Blogger PJ said...

these are great Chi!
Thanks!

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Those are beautiful "Food For Thought". My favorite is numbers 1 and 2.

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger Melli said...

These are great Chi! I especially love the one by Emerson! (Lincoln would be a close second!)

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger Joshua said...

I think Rockefeller's comment holds true for me. What person can call himself/herself such if they do not life for what they're doing?
Thanks again for the comments. I'm hoping to have chapter three up by sometime tonight.
--Little Reverb

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger Viamarie said...

I like all especially the one of RWEmerson.

Thanks for sharing them. A good day to you!

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger mar said...

I love quotations! can't choose a favorite one...love them all!

 
At 12:47 PM, Anonymous Lifecruiser said...

That's very good quotes all of them. I love quotes. So much wisdom conecentrated :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home