Friday, May 12, 2006

My Thoughts of Mother's Day

I believe that being a mother is the most wonderful role a woman can have. There is nothing more fulfilling or rewarding than that. My Momma must have instilled that in me as a child because she viewed motherhood the same way.

She put her heart & soul into caring for her family and friends...she was an amazing woman and I feel so lucky to be one of the 5 that calls her Momma.

There is nothing so painful or heartwrenching as losing your mother...your friend. Even though life must go on, it is a loss that you never, ever fully recover from. We lost our beloved Momma on May 25, 2004 and we still love & miss her so very much.

If you would like to learn more about who this wonderful woman was, please visit I Remember Momma. This link will take you to a poem that my brother wrote to honor her life.

3 Comments:

At 7:38 AM, Blogger Wystful1 said...

Beautiful Chi!! So beautiful. (I'm speechless).

Happy Mother's Day to you too.

And, giant hugs!!!

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger Joan said...

So nice. Please accept my condolences on the loss of your parents. What a huge loss -- it will make Mother's Day hard.

I am doing my TT reading late this week. Thanks for coming by my list.

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger BrittLeigh said...

(((Chi))) I am so sorry about your mother. My gramma passed away last February and I know what you mean about the loss being something that you never, ever fully recover from. I miss her so much, yet I can't imagine how heartwrenching it would be to lose my mom. Thanks for the reminder to appreciate her and not take her for granted. God bless!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home